Friday 17 August 2007

Day 111 - Day 114: Progress

I am making some progress with my plans and recently met someone from the BBC who has agreed to read my book as endorsements from well-known people are what I am trying to obtain lately. I also may be able to track down a very great and popular author and approach him for a possible endorsement of my book. Meanwhile, I think I will stay in London to deal with my mail and editing my book. I finished Roald Dahl's Matilda and have now begun The Magus by John Fowles (out of sequence from my reading list, The BBC Big Read). Follow this link to view the complete list of the UK's favourite books: http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/top100.shtml

I met up with an old school friend I met on Facebook the other night and it was interesting to reminisce, the evening being enjoyable. It was here, in Soho, that I met the man from the BBC and his partner, both of whom were charming. By the time I got home, I was the worse for wear, but took it easy yesterday. Before I met up with my old friend, I had gone to the cinema to see Pan's Labyrinth and I found it touching and rewarding. Being so busy with my book, I have had no time to keep watching films, so it was great to take that time out to do that. I am planning to write a screenplay, so watching films is part of developing my abilities but my focus is fully on Off The Rails at the moment.

No comments: